Friday, September 1, 2017

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

Finally in Israel
Weary in Amman, Jordan

I arrived safely after a long journey.  Left at 12:00 noon from Old Forge.  Four and a half hours to my brother's house in NJ, half hour to Newark airport where he dropped me, three hours on a shuttle from Newark to JFK.  10:30 pm flight to Amman, Jordan.  Arrived at 4:30pm the next afternoon (Jordan time, which is 7 hours ahead, so an 11 hour flight).  Four hour layover, 45 minute flight to Tel Aviv, train ride into the city, taxi to my hostel.  Arrived at about 12:30 am, a day and a half after I started.  But glad to be here.  After a bit of restless wandering, checking out Tel Aviv night life (which is still hopping at 2 am), I went to bed for a good night of rest in a bed (which felt luxurious after sleeping on a plane).

No comments:

Post a Comment